Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A little about me

I'm 26 years old and have been married to my husband for almost 2 years now; we've been together for 4 years. We bought our house about a month before our wedding, so that was a nightmare but it was one of the best decisions we've ever made. Although, I'm surprised I didn't end up medicated since I was planning a wedding and buying a house at the same time. Our house was the perfect choice for us and we've been steadily updating it to our liking. It's almost there! We're actually getting new flooring today and I'm so excited...much more excited than I should be about flooring. But my kitchen had carpet in it. Who does that? It's a pain in the ass to get the vacuum/carpet cleaner out every time you spill something. And that happens frequently since I cook a lot. Oh well, I won't have to worry about it anymore!
 
I'm the mommy of 2 cats, Charlie and Jasmine. We got them about a month after we got married and I love them to pieces. Jasmine is my rescue baby and Charlie became ours by default I guess, haha (my sister found him a day after we got Jasmine and decided she needed a friend).  I seriously treat them like children. They have more toys than any cat ever should and they only play with 2 of them. Every time we go away for more than a couple days, they get toys because I feel guilty for leaving them. I spoil them now because I'm pretty sure having a child in the house will ruin their lives since they're both scared of kids. Lol!
 
We had decided to wait to start trying for a baby until about a year after we got married. Well, of course I got baby fever about 2 months before the year mark but DH was pretty adamant about waiting so we started trying in September 2012. It's been a frustrating journey with crazy cycles and timing issues. I joined The Bump in May because I needed a place to connect with other women going through the same thing I am. I don't feel like I can talk to anyone IRL about all these emotions and crazy thoughts. My husband is fantastic but this whole journey just doesn't affect him like it does me and a lot of times he doesn't understand or know how he can help. The Bump has helped so much and I've learned A LOT but I still think I just need a place to just vent.

2 comments:

  1. Places a home should never have carpeting:
    The Bathroom
    The Kitchen
    The Laundry Room

    Seriously.. dafuq are people thinking when they do this?

    We seem to have a lot in common. I look forward to reading future posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Both our kitchen and bathroom had carpet! What the hell is up with that? You cannot tell me that at some point in the 20 years this house has been built, the toilet had never overflowed. Ew!

      Delete