So I've decided I'm taking a little Bump Break this weekend. It sometimes seems like everything is on repeat there and I just needed to distance myself from it for a while. P is golfing this morning so I decided I should get on here and write! We went to a housewarming cookout last night for a couple of our friends. It was fun! Finally got everyone together! We drank and bullshitted all evening. We also made plans for this evening to go out to dinner and a movie with some friends. Haven't been to the movies in a long time! We were going every week when P was working out of town a few months ago. There wasn't anything to do in the town he was staying in EXCEPT go to the movies.
After dinner, I started talking to my friend S, who is also TTC, but she has been through a lot more than I have; endometriosis, had her right ovary removed, been trying for almost 2 years now. We started talking about our frustrations and how, although we are super happy for our friends who are getting pregnant, it can be hard to hear. Well, my best friend overheard us talking and came over to apologize for being pregnant! She feels bad for being pregnant when we aren't. We both felt like big asses and felt terrible. First of all, a conversation like that is never meant for our pregnant friends to overhear and was just us venting to each other. Actually, we weren't even venting; we were just relating to each other in a way that no one else really can. We explained to her that we are absolutely not upset with her for being pregnant; more just sad for ourselves. It doesn't affect our excitement for her in any way, shape, or form and we don't want her to feel like she can't talk about it for fear of upsetting us. I called her this morning and talked to her about it further.She didn't want to flaunt her pregnancy and shove it in my face and I didn't want to talk to her about TTC because I didn't want her to feel like she couldn't talk to me about her pregnancy. It was all a big cluster of miscommunication and misunderstanding on both our parts. I think we have I settled. Maybe it was good for her to overhear that conversation if it meant we were able to figure this out.
No comments:
Post a Comment